On behalf of our client, a rapidly growing In-Vitro Diagnostics (IVD) company based in Uppsala, H&P Search & Interim is now looking for a CFO who can help manage the company through the transition from a discovery-stage, to a commercial-stage company.
The company develops state-of the art diagnostic equipment in the area of infectious disease, catering to a global market, and is just about to introduce a significant upgrade to its current offering. It has both direct and distributed sales channels, and will invest in building both capabilities and infrastructure to support an ambitious growth agenda going forward. One option is to take the company public in the mid-term, so experience with the IPO process and public company reporting is a plus but not a requirement. The position is based in Uppsala and the CFO is expected to spend most of his/her time at the Uppsala facilities.
About the position
In addition to overseeing the Business support function and related information systems, the responsibilities include:
- Demonstrating ethical leadership and business integrity
- Balancing short-term concerns and pressures, such as managing cash, liquidity, and profitability, and long-term vision and sustainable organizational success
- Fulfilling stewardship responsibilities by ensuring effective compliance and control and responding to ever increasing regulatory developments, including financial reporting, capital requirements, and corporate responsibility; sharing strategic leadership responsibilities with the CEO and other senior managers and ensuring the Business support function supports the business at a strategic and operational level
- Driving and managing change and innovation within the organization; and engaging and communicating effectively with colleagues, investors, customers, suppliers, regulators, and other internal and external stakeholders
- Being a key organizational leader and communicator, which requires a strong professional and ethical foundation
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance (MBA and/or CPA a plus)
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience. Life science experience not required but a plus
- Solid financial and business control experience in Swedish code of corporate governance, Swedish/EU tax and transactional law, and Swedish/EU law of employment
- Experience from working in highly regulated industries, a plus
- Proven leadership track record
Who are we looking to hire
The chief financial officer (CFO) should have the following characteristics:
- Be an effective organizational leader and a key member of senior management
- Balance the responsibilities of stewardship with business partnership
- Act as the integrator and navigator for the organization
- Be an effective leader of the Business support function
- Bring professional qualities to the role and the organization
If this is exciting to you, please contact us today for more information or apply directly by sending your CV.
Welcome, we look forward talking to you!