In close cooperation with a market leading successful company in the ophthalmology field we are happy to announce the position as Country Manager Sweden. The company has ambitious growth targets thanks to launches of new products and more to come.
The Country Manager leads the Customer Centric operational activities in close collaboration with the Sales team. The holder enables the team to perform, enhance Company awareness, strengthen the customer perception, drive growth and secure profitable business development via cost-efficient sales promotion.
To plan, coordinate and lead Marketing and Sales promotion within region. Strengthen Company perception among target audience in the area of responsibility. The holder works proactively to support the development of sustainable relationships with key Target Audience on local and national level to secure partnerships for product pipeline. Coordination and engagement responsibility for KOL’s and Key Accounts within region.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Outlines the local customer engagement strategies and education framework in close collaboration with Commercial Operations, Medical Affairs and HoR
- Helps Management to formulate regional performance benchmarks and KPI’s for success measurement
- Manages the Country specific sub-National / National market and competitor analysis generation and reporting
- Reflects the local needs and future insights on Marketing material to the Product Management Team
- Identifies proactively local Market Access support needs and gaps to the CE Manager and HoR
- Defines opportunities for Medical Affairs customer collaboration opportunities on National & sub-regional level e.g. in the form of Advisory Board Management
- Analyses the competencies and professional development among the team and translates potential gaps into educational needs
- Drive the Sales performance within region via Leading example, guidance and team encouragement
- Provides guidance on marketing Compliance and legislation as well as internal policies and SOP’s and secures that the local material and communication guidance follows the officially improved label indications
- Lead the new customer establishment and present Customer relation enhancement on sub-National / National level and secure effective customer segmentation in pan-European CRM environment
- Support the team working out customer / segment specific business plans and conceptual account management in cooperation with Commercial Operations
- Lead the motivation, commitment and performance by empowering the team on regional planning and execution
- Provide guidance for the Sales Team on their regional operational / financial targets and related Key Performance Indicators
- Analyses the sub-regional and national performance against benchmarks in collaboration with the local Team and Commercial Operations
- Establish detailing & Congress engagement plans and coordinate education and exhibition events / Road-shows in alignment with Medical affairs
- Complete and present action plans for region and analyse the performance followed by activities also on National level.
- Report to the management about the business development and potential performance gaps / issues.
- The holder encourages the team for proactive customer feedback collection and helps them to translate the customer feedback into market insights.
- Implement internal Sales Team training locally and support education framework planning in Regional level
- Coaching the Sales team on how to improve across-the-board performance in order to reach their full development potential and strive for quantifiable / measurable improvement
- Continuous company in-house information and documentation of the activities and results
Responsibilities (significance of decisions needed to be taken to perform the job and required by the job)
Follow the general and local Company policies and ensure that the local Sales Team shall follow-up and complete all required administrative duties in due course/date.
To ensure Compliant operational activities in line with Company Code of Conduct and local legislation and follow-up related internal/external guideline updates.
The position holder is responsible for collecting and reporting all safety information in a timely manner to Company PV unit as set out in the applicable SOP.
The position holder is responsible for reporting all complaints (product quality related) in a timely manner to Company QA department as set out the applicable SOP.
The position holder ensures that all subordinates are knowledgeable and trained in the applicable SOPs for reporting of safety information (pharmacovigilance) and complaints (product quality).
The position holder is knowledgeable about GDP and applicable processed within region and about the requirements associated with the position as set out in Company SOPs and likewise knowledgeable about regulatory guidelines from NCA. In given situations the country manager acts together with the Company Responsible Person.
Experience and skills required
- Polytechnic, Bachelor or comparable degree in Medical or Commercial education
- Fluency in English – oral & written
- Profound experience in sales force work and Sales Team management in prescription driven Pharmaceutical Company
- High commitment to Manage Market-, Sales- and Team performance
- Proven track record and know-how of Pharmaceutical industry in terms of Sales & Marketing activity Management
- Well-founded knowledge about the National Marketing and Sales Code of Conduct and legislation
- Customer service driven orientation in order to successfully Lead customer relations management within region
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to successfully interact and Lead collaboration with target audience and internal/external stakeholders
- Ability to manage and lead the collection of customer feedback, competitive intelligence, market research data and translation into commercially relevant feedback
- Proven ability to drive business results through building effective partnerships with relevant stakeholders
- Good analytical skills for regional performance follow-up manage and market trend evaluation
- Experience of working with a variety of data sources (ie, IMS, Cegedim, dashboards etc) and IT applications (MS Excel, data bases, etc.)
Field based position with additional administrative responsibilities in terms of material review, analyzing and reporting activities. Significant travel requirement both Domestic and Abroad also related work after office hours on CME and Congress activity coordination.