WE PUSH THE BOUNDARIES OF MEDICINE.
LEAPING FORWARD TO MAKE PEOPLE SMILE
Everything we do at KKI, is rooted in the idea of leaping forward to make people smile. We are committed to innovation, for the benefit of the patients who count on us to support them. From medicines for rare and underserved diseases, to the support families need when facing a life-changing diagnosis – our team is proud of all we deliver, but also humble in knowing how much more needs to be done. By listening to patient stories, we gain a better understanding of the obstacles patients and their families face – so we can work to better meet their unique needs. The real proof of our impact is in the smiles we see on patients’ faces, when we have helped answer a need, or improved their well-being through our work. While the journey is not easy, it is one that is filled with purpose.
Medical Science Liaison – Nephrology
Position based in Denmark or Norway, will be covering both countries.
The Kyowa Kirin Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is a field based medical role with a depth of scientific experience around our drug portfolio and therapeutic interests. The MSL position is also a key member of the wider cross-functional team and will engage with multiple internal stakeholders in the conduct of their role. The MSL is an important link between the company and the external healthcare community.
Kyowa Kirin finds itself at a very interesting path with two recent EMA approvals for key anti-body therapies in rare diseases, Kyowa Kirin is setting the scene for transformative growth where the MSL would be a key position to excel the Launch of these therapies across Nordics.
To meet the expectations of our patients and to truly deliver on our Commitment to Life, we are continually looking for people who embrace this spirit. We are committed to providing a culture that offers both inspiration and reward – in terms of compensation and in work satisfaction. And in turn, we want people who’ll bring their unique ideas and diverse approaches, while also aligning to our ultimate goal of making people smile.
If this sounds like a company that aligns with your values, we’d love for you to join us in our efforts.
On top of that, the MSL will be responsible for:
- Identifying, building and maintaining professional relationships with national, regional and local Medical Experts and allied health care professionals (HCPs)
- Responding to unsolicited medical/ technical enquiries from HCPs in a timely manner using expert knowledge, providing accurate, fair, balanced and non-promotional scientific information/ presentations relating to licensed and unlicensed indications
- Facilitating professional relationship building with Medical Experts through identification and engagement in suitable medical activities (e.g. clinical trials, publications, speaker meetings etc) at a local and international level
- Attending and providing scientific support at international and local medical conferences
To be successful in the role, you need to have:
- Relevant medical/Life science background (MD or PhD in Life Science)
- MSL experience or relevant experience in Medical Affairs Department or Clinical Operations department
- Knowledge of Regulatory Affairs (including pharmacovigilance), legal and compliance regulations
- In-depth knowledge of local, regional and national healthcare systems and processes for allocation and delivery of care
- Track record of successful working with cross functional teams locally and internationally
- Therapy area experience in rare diseases, nephrology, immunology or oncology is a plus
- Excellent English and country (Norwegian or Danish) language skills
- Must hold valid driving license
- Regional and International travel availability
Why Kyowa Kirin?
- At Kyowa Kirin ”Commitment to Life” is at our core. With over 500 people focused on this purpose we’ve become a highly successful and rapidly growing specialty pharmaceutical company engaged in the development and commercialisation of innovative medicines for the treatment of unmet therapeutic needs in major western markets
- Founded in 1949, Kyowa Kirin has a successful track record in Japan and is now expanding globally. Our highly successful product portfolio, enviable pipeline and active Business Development group provides a wealth of products in the therapeutic areas of Oncology, CNS and Nephrology. With three key anti-body therapies in late stage development Kyowa Kirin is setting the scene for transformative growth
- At Kyowa Kirin we believe it is our people who have made the real difference to our success. Working together, our employees excel in getting results quickly and flawlessly. Our passion and energy around our core purpose of ”commitment to life” sets us apart
- Rare diseases are devastating and affect quite often pediatric population, this is an unique opportunity for an MSL to make a real difference in the life of patients and families
- With our solid past and exciting future Kyowa Kirin is looking for great people to join our team
To meet the expectations of our patients and to truly deliver on our Commitment to Life, we are continually looking for people who embrace this spirit. We are committed to providing a culture that offers both inspiration and reward – in terms of compensation and in work satisfaction. And in turn, we want people who’ll bring their unique ideas and diverse approaches, while also aligning to our ultimate goal of making people smile. If this sounds like a company that aligns with your values, we’d love for you to join us in our efforts.
Kyowa Kirin International is an equal opportunities employer.
We look forward to your application!
Torbjörn Ströberg, Partner, Torbjorn.Stroberg@hpsearch.se , +46 (0) 703 778 774
Ann-Katrin Broman, Partner, A.Broman@hpsearch.se , +46 (0) 707 555 094
Leif Olsson, Partner, firstname.lastname@example.org, +46 (0) 70 699 4780
Catharina Bergold, Recruitment manager, email@example.com , +46 (0) 70 217 9879