At Boehringer Ingelheim (BI) we develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family-owned company, we focus on long-term performance. We believe that, if we have talented and ambitious people who are passionate about innovation, there is no limit to what we can achieve; after all, we started with just 28 people. Now, we are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative, and inclusive culture.
Read more at www.boehringer-ingelheim.se
DO WORK THAT MATTERS
Are you looking for a new professional challenge in which you can grow your skills and knowledge while making a difference for patients? Then join our team as a Medical Science Liaison – Interstitial lung diseases (ILD).
In this position you will contribute to increased disease awareness and appropriate use of BI drugs by discussing results of high quality trials with scientific external experts. Building and maintaining trustworthy scientific and professional relations with Health Care Professionals (HPCs) are important. You will be the face of BI to high-level scientific external experts with whom you will engage in scientific discussions and idea exchange, where the ultimate goal is to support the needs of health care professionals and patients.
Within the company you will support different teams (Medical team, Marketing, Field Force, Key Account Managers, Market Access and more) but the most important interactions will take place with the national scientific/medical community.
In this role you will interact with scientific experts across whole of Sweden, so you will have the opportunity to travel quite frequently while reporting directly to the local Medical Affairs Lead in Sweden.
You like to work in an environment where you can:
- Act as a Health Care Professionals (HCPs) scientific resource and go-to-person for scientific queries and in-depth scientific information related to medications and indications within your area of expertise
- Generate and communicate scientific data; have a deep understanding of scientific and medical thinking, limitations, and opportunities
- Support Clinical Operations in protocol review, feasibility, investigator meetings and trainings
- Support Internal Medical Teams, Field force, Key Account Managers, Marketing and Market access
- Develop and maintain network and interact with HCPs and authorities
- Expect to spend around 70% of your time on external activities.
What you should bring to the team:
- Medical Doctor or PhD in Medical Sciences or related life science (experience in the pulmonary, immunology or radiology area is an advantage)
- A network in the hospital/ academic sector or experience related to the field of ILD is an asset
- At least 3 years of relevant experience acquired in research environment, healthcare authority, etc.
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills to share scientific content and context to multiple audiences – both orally and in writing
- Analytic, innovative, with can-do attitude who works with passion
- Outgoing personality, team-player with good peer relationship and collaboration skills
- Open for digital transformation and innovation
- Excellent command of the Swedish and English language
- Knowledge of clinical trial design/ process and of the National Health Care System
- A team player that is proactive, cross functional collaboration skills with a good skillset in the digital field
- You feel that spreading awareness around a specific disease really makes the difference in patients’ lives and you are not afraid to let others know!
- You act with an open mind and a self-driven attitude in your everyday life
Lastly, you have a valid driving license and are passionate about a field-based role.
The position may be located anywhere in Sweden and involves travelling.
What will you get in return?
- Access to wellbeing programs (such as “WE CARE” program or headspace app) to help our employees to stay positive and constantly improve the physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual well-being
- Designated time for personal development and free access to LinkedIn Learning
- A competitive salary range based on seniority and specialist skills
- A driven and fun team.
How to apply
Does it sound good to you= Don’t hesitate to apply! Upload your resume and motivation letter in English by clicking the button. You may also contact either of us to have more information before applying:
WELCOME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
H&P Search & Interim
Catharina Bergold, email@example.com, tel 070-217 9879
Torbjörn Ströberg, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel 0703-774 778