Ipsen is a global specialty-driven pharmaceutical company and also has a significant presence in consumer healthcare. Ipsen sells more than 20 drugs in over 110 countries, with a direct commercial presence in 30 countries worldwide and 8 manufacturing facilities and 4 global R&D hubs in Paris-Saclay, France, Oxford, UK, Cambridge, USA and Shanghai, China . The Group has more than 5,700 employees worldwide with a world wide group sales of €2,6 Billion Ipsen strive for high ethical standards and to be a valued corporate citizen. In this work the organization has set up the ambition to be climate neutral by 2030.Our areas of expertise include oncology, neurosciences and rare diseases. In the Nordic and Baltic countries, we are represented since 2006 with a Nordic office in Kista Science Tower outside Stockholm. Today we are 85 employees in the Nordic and Baltic region who work with clinical research, marketing and sales of our products. We work mainly in the therapeutic areas of oncology, rare diseases and neuromuscular diseases.
IPSEN is now expanding the medical team in Neuroscience within the Nordic area. This is one position of three MSLs in Sweden, Norway and Denmark.
What is your role?
The MSL is a member of the affiliate medical department. He/she is a field-based professional with scientific, clinical and therapeutic area expertise who is responsible for supporting, on a non-promotional basis, medical and scientific initiatives. The MSL works in coordination with the rest of the medical unit to meet the medical department objectives. He/she participates in the identification of local opportunities, using his/her network of contacts, knowledge of Neuroscience and health characteristics of the population in each area. Consequently, the MSL has responsibility in the development and implementation of the scientific activities and the medical plan.
The MSL will:
- Comply with all Ipsen’s SOPs, policies, directives and relevant national guidelines
- Achieve the communication of medical and educational objectives set for the assigned products/indications (Neuroscience), within the framework of IPSEN’s national strategy.
- Develop, maintain and support professional relationships with internal and external customers (e.g., Key Thought Leaders [KTL], Health Care Professionals [HCPs], and Formulary Decision Makers)
- Facilitate informational, educational, and research activities for physicians and ancillary healthcare professionals regarding IPSEN’s current pipeline therapies.
- Ensure that the scientific and technical needs of medical affairs and commercial teams are identified and met working closely with other IPSEN colleagues.
- Document, accurately and in a timely manner, the aforementioned activities.
- Provided you have a senior profile, you may have a coordinator role for the two other MSL positions in the Nordic countries.
Main responsibilites and tasks
- Maintaining, updating and disseminating scientific knowledge
- Maintain medical profiling database of HCPs and TLs
- Inform TLs and HCPs in disease areas of interest to Ipsen
- Involvement with clinical research studies
- Ethics & Compliance
Experience and qualifications
- Advanced degree in life sciences (M.Sc. or Ph.D) or medical graduate (MD)
- Biomedical, Scientific University education ideally to post-graduate degree level -e.g. MSc, PhD, MD, PharmD
- Medical/paramedical Practice or Research career (hospital and/or hospital related, university research, pharmaceutical industry research or medical affairs)
- Ideally proven experience and successful track record as an MSL or medical department professional in a previous company
- Language: Expert/fluent communicator in Swedish language and excellent knowledge of written and spoken scientific English
- Working knowledge of the relevant Code of Practice.
- Minimum 3 years demonstrated success in the Neuroscience marketplace as MSL
- Launch experience
- Demonstrated skills at building and maintaining professional relationships with key customers, office staff and others in the customer influence network
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in matrix teams
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of Neuroscience, Ipsen’s products and relevant competitor products.
- Demonstrates scientific acumen and sound medical judgement which provides value to Ipsen and leads to sustainable relationships with HCPs.
- Maintains highly developed interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively and collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrates ability to build and maintain a strong network of effective scientific relationships with stakeholders and maintain an understanding for HCPs, to achieve trusted advisor status.
- Is an engaging presenter/trainer, impactful and memorable, having gravitas with medics and non-medics alike and strong communication, networking and stakeholder skills
- Is able to understand and implement appropriate elements of medical strategy, whilst understanding how to be creative & compliant at the same time.
- Excellent organisation, implementation, budgetary and project management abilities
You will report to the Medical Director of Nordics & Baltics. The position is field based and involves travelling within the Nordics. The office of Ipsen is located in Kista/Stockholm.
How to apply
If this sounds interesting to you – don’t hesitate to apply! Upload your resume and motivation letter in English by clicking the button. You may also contact either of us to have more information before applying:
H&P Search & Interim
Catharina Bergold, email@example.com, tel 070-217 9879
Torbjörn Ströberg, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel 0703-774 778