On behalf of our client GlaxoSmithKline we are now searching for the right person for the position as Head of Communication, External Affairs & Market Access Sweden.
As part of the Swedish management team, you will have the opportunity to shape and lead GSK EA/MA priorities and agenda to allow the company to maximize on our opportunities for the current and future portfolio/pipeline. Specifically, optimize the access position of GSK, increase predictability of the environment, and improve profitability through short and long term-based discussions with authorities, key external stakeholders, and industry bodies.
The role includes direct people leadership for a market access team of three colleagues.
Location is flexible in Sweden since this is a partly field-based role. You are expected to spend time both in the Stockholm/Solna office and to a significant part also face to face with relevant health care stakeholders and decision makers.
- Track and interpret economic, political, societal and market trends and feed this into the evolving commercial strategy (e.g. developments in regulatory, pricing and access systems)
- Engage in the health policy debate with various stakeholders internally and externally (e.g. government, media, political parties, societies, representative organisations, NGOs, IGOs & trade associations)
- Alongside the General Manager, you will be accountable for managing and building GSK’s reputation
- Be accountable of driving and communicating GSK’s Trust agenda (e.g. vaccines, access to medicines, sustainability)
- Communications (60% external/40% internal):
- Develop and execute external communications plans that support near-term business objectives and builds Trust in the longer-term through good understanding of the media landscape and proven record in communication management.
- Ensure GSK’s purpose, strategy, priorities, expectations, and values are well communicated and embedded internally with the right support provided to leaders to communicate more autonomously but still effectively, using available channels (e.g. Workplace, Townhalls)
- Represent GSK’s agenda and actions amongst key stakeholders (e.g. government, media, political parties, societies, representative organisations, NGOs, IGOs & trade associations)
- Drive “listening and analysis” providing early insights on healthcare, social, economic and political developments of enterprise interest to inform business decisions
- Industry relations- establishing and driving GSK priorities in the Swedish Industry Association (LIF) and ensuring GSK is represented in key committees
- Coordinate and align with the regional above country CGA&MA team sharing country insights and best practice and engaging with local stakeholders to support key regional and corporate policy and business priorities
- Monitor and shape external environment to secure optimal access to patients in Sweden for GSK products
- Positively influence referral & diagnosis pathways to increase patient access
- Support the political and legislative framework evolution to position Sweden as a key contributor to evidence generation in the world (R&D and real-world evidence generation)
- Propose and drive a product positioning through their lifecycle (patient population
- Degree in relevant subject (e.g Commercial, Science or Health Economics) or equivalent experience
- Highly experienced in government affairs and public policy
- Recent experience in the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry
- Fluent in English and Swedish
- Ability to communicate affectively at varying levels internally and externally
- Strong project management orientation with ability to prioritise and lead complex issues
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional matrix to successfully deliver objectives
- Values-led leadership approach with an excellent track record in delivering through people and managing performance through stretch assignments, effective delegation and clear planning/tracking/evaluation
How to apply:
If this sounds like a good fit with you, please apply here or get in touch with one of us for more information:
Johan Walde: firstname.lastname@example.org, +46 761 87 06 12
Catharina Bergold: email@example.com, +46 702 17 98 79
Leif Olsson: firstname.lastname@example.org, +46 70 699 47 80
Welcome with your application!
”At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader in Consumer Healthcare, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we’re making the most significant changes we’ve made to our business in over 20 years. We’re on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022: New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and genetics science; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent, and technology to get ahead of disease together – all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; and as a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culture that is ambitious for patients – so we deliver what matters better and faster; accountable for impact – with clear ownership of goals and support to succeed; and where we do the right thing. So, if you’re ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at this exciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.”
Inclusion & Diversity at GSK “Inclusion and diversity at GSK are key for our success. Here, you will thrive through bringing your unique experiences to both our company and the recruitment process. We want you to be you, feel good and keep growing your career.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants will travel through a transparent recruitment journey that adheres to all required employment standards and regulations. Beyond this, we commit to our values of integrity and respect towards every applicant.”