BioArctic AB (publ) is a Swedish research-based biopharma company focusing on disease-modifying treatments for neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and ALS. BioArctic focuses on innovative treatments in areas with high unmet medical needs. The company was founded in 2003 based on innovative research from Uppsala University, Sweden. Collaborations with universities are of great importance to the company together with its strategically important global partner Eisai in Alzheimer’s disease. The project portfolio is a combination of fully funded projects run in partnership with global pharmaceutical companies and innovative in-house projects with significant market and out-licensing potential. Learn more on www.bioarctic.se
Are you attracted by the opportunity to be part of BioArctic’s exciting journey with the ambition to improve the quality of life for patients with diseases affecting the central nervous system?
Do you want to have the chance to launch a new drug in Alzheimer’s disease?
Do you want to be part of building a Nordic commercial organization for a Swedish biopharma company?
BioArctic is now looking for
Medical Advisor Denmark and Norway
The Medical Advisor has an overall strategic and operational responsibility for BioArctic’s Medical Affairs related activities in Denmark and Norway.
As a Medical Advisor, you will build strategic partnerships with external partners to generate knowledge and plan and execute the key activities required to ensure a leading position in the Alzheimer’s field. The main task will be to ensure scientific relations with opinion leaders in the Alzheimer field, to be the company’s expert in contact with various stakeholders and be responsible for both internal and external activities linked to the area of your responsibility. The specific areas of responsibility and authority included in the role are as follows:
- Build ”peer-to-peer” relationships with doctors, researchers and institutions in the Alzheimer’s area to ensure that BioArctic obtains knowledge about the capacity and challenges in the healthcare system and to ensure that data within the relevant indication is communicated to the healthcare system.
- Identify and build collaboration with KOL´s in memory clinics and in research institutions.
- Plan and implement Advisory Boards and expert meetings.
- Support the Head of Medical Affairs in the development of the Medical Affairs plan and competitive analysis.
- Support Market Access with knowledge and cooperate in meetings with payers within area of responsibility.
- Ensure understanding of the patient journey, including patient care, diagnostic requirements, and bottlenecks in the healthcare system.
- Feedback knowledge from KOL´s to the company for optimal Life-Cycle Management.
- Ensure that scientific data linked to Alzheimer’s disease, the candidate drug and competitors are effectively disseminated to internal and external stakeholders in accordance with current regulations.
- Review and approval of promotional material from a medical perspective.
- Initiate and implement medical projects, including RWE studies and phase 4 studies.
- Be responsible for the implementation of the medical plan within the area of responsibility.
- Support marketing and field-based staff at meetings and with relevant medical training when required.
- Active work according to BioArctic’s principles around value-based leadership and contribute to ONE BioArctic culture.
- Create good relationships within Medical Affairs with our partner Eisai and with other functions at BioArctic.
The candidate we are looking for has a medical degree alternatively holds a PhD in natural sciences. However, key is the right personality with relevant experiences. You have at least 5 years of experience in Medical Affairs, such as MSL or Medical Advisor, and documented experience in presenting scientific data to various stakeholders. Furthermore, it is desirable to have experience from preparation for launch from a Medical Affairs perspective and with a background from the CNS area, preferably Alzheimer’s disease. Merit is experience from collaboration with Market Access regarding price negotiations and interaction with stakeholders, such as payers, KOLs and patient associations, as well as experience from running clinical studies with a focus on RWE and phase 4 studies. Additional merit is previous collaborations with other pharmaceutical companies, e.g. co- promotion.
You have a great knowledge of the ethics regulations for the marketing of pharmaceuticals and a good understanding of the healthcare systems, including the development of therapy area-specific guidelines, in the various Nordic countries and a well-documented business acumen.
As a person, you are proactive, curious and without prestige and at the same time professional, reliable and take great responsibility for your own work. You are a team player who thinks it is important to share ideas and experiences with colleagues to develop the department and the company’s operations. You create networks and build and develop relationships and use these to achieve your and the company’s goals. You have strong communication skills and are fluent in both spoken and written Danish/Norwegian and English. You are a proactive person who thrives in an entrepreneurial biotech environment and is comfortable with a certain degree of uncertainty.
The role as Medical Advisor is a permanent position where you report to the Head of Medical Affairs and are prepared to travel approx: 30-50% of the working time.
How to apply
If this sounds interesting to you, we look forward to receiving your online application by uploading your CV and cover letter in English.
For more info please contact:
Torbjörn Ströberg, Recruitment Consultant, firstname.lastname@example.org, +46 703 778 774
Catharina Bergold, Recruitment Consultant, email@example.com , +46 70 217 98 79
Johan Walde, Recruitment Consultant, firstname.lastname@example.org, +46 761 87 06 12