Sobi (STO:SOBI) is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on rare diseases. We are dedicated to providing access to innovative treatments that transform life for people with rare diseases. With our head office in Stockholm, Sweden, the Sobi organization spans more than 30 countries, delivering treatments to patients in over 70 countries across the globe. We see geographic expansion as an important aspect of our strategy, and are pursuing it through acquisitions, greater market penetration and by establishing operations in new markets.
Do you want to lead the regional Medical Department at Sobi?
We are now looking for a Medical Director Nordics/Baltics on behalf of Sobi.
The position includes medical scientific leadership and responsibility for pharmacovigilance, medical information, healthcare compliance as well as the medical affairs support of marketed products and post-approval development activities. As the scientific/medical ambassador for Sobi, the Medical Director will ensure that all activities in the country are carried out in an ethical and compliant manner. The Medical Director is an active member of the Regional/Affiliate Management team as well as European Medical Directors Team.
Sobi is in a fantastic position of growth and the Medical Director will have a clear focus on our key area’s haematology and immunology. They are preparing for upcoming launches of important products in indications with a high unmet medical need.
About the role
- Recruitment, management and development of staff in the affiliate Medical Department.
- Plans and allocates affiliate medical department resources
- Plans and is accountable for Affiliate Medical department goals, objectives and performance metrics
- Responsible for managing interactions with important stakeholders within the region
- Integration of affiliate medical perspective across therapeutic areas into International and Global Teams
- Affiliate portfolio life cycle management and actively supporting the commercial organization to promote the scientific and medical value of Sobi products
- Approval of all local promotional material
- Supports local Sobi sponsored clinical research activities
- Guarantees conduct of medical and scientific activities according to all relevant (local) regulations and SOPs
- Affiliate medical budget spend and forecasting accuracy in close collaboration with the affiliate GM
- Representing the affiliate in regional and global medical meetings
- Responsible for Compliance, SOP training and education
- Secure highly scientific medical standards for all Sobi compounds
- Medical Information
- Pharmacovigilance and regulatory local responsible person
- Manages affiliate safety reporting according to local and international requirements through Safety Manager
- Manages affiliate regulatory affairs performance through regulatory affairs manager
- Supports local Patient Access and reimbursement activities (communicates medical part of value proposition)
- MD, preferably with a specialist degree in immunology/haematology
- Experience in work within the pharmaceutical industry is preferred but not a requirement
- Advanced understanding of other functions including but not limited to Clin Ops /Commercial/ Regulatory and Medical Affairs and market access.
- Knowledge of various therapeutic areas
- Network of External stakeholders in different disciplines and therapeutic areas
- Knowledge of local pharmaceutical industry and legal/health system environment
- Finance/budgeting and resource management experience (not a requirement)Track record of leadership and people management
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Analytical skills and strategic thinking
- Continuously expanding medical and scientific knowledge as well as market knowledge
- Broad skill set in Medical Affairs, clinical development Drug safety and regulatory affairs
- Strong customer orientation, science based and business acumen, negotiation skills in addition to local language excellent in English
The position will preferably be based in the Stockholm region
General Manager, Nordics/Baltics
If the position sounds interesting to you, please send your application, including cv with your contact details, directly to the contact persons below.
Welcome with your application!