As part of AstraZeneca, the Nordic Marketing Company (Nordic) employs around 400 people across 5 countries with offices located in Södertälje, Copenhagen, Helsinki and Oslo. By 2025 AstraZeneca Nordic aims to become a recognized leader in its core therapy areas and improve the lives of millions of people. This will be achieved by driving innovative science, preparing launches, building close collaborations and partnerships with stakeholders in health care systems, and developing high-performing teams.
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines and strive to continuously meet the unmet needs of patients worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together, to make the impossible a reality!
We are looking for you to come and join our Medical Affairs Respiratory (RIA) Team in the permanent role as Senior Medical Advisor. This role can be based in any of our NOBA Nordic offices.
The position is primarily office based but comprises engagement in external activities and travelling across the Nordic-Baltic region.
At AstraZeneca every one of our employees makes a difference to patient lives every day.
The Nordic-Baltic (NOBA) Marketing Company employs around 450 people across 7 countries and has offices located in Södertälje, Copenhagen, Helsinki, Oslo, Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius. By 2025 AstraZeneca NOBA aims to become a recognized leader in its core therapy areas and improve the lives of millions of people. This will be achieved by driving excellent launches, building close collaboration and partnerships with stakeholders in health care systems, and developing high- performing teams.
As a part of AstraZeneca, the Nordic-Baltic Marketing Company is working to ensure that our innovative products reach the patients with proven benefits in line with the approved label. Medical Affairs activities in relation to our medications is key to make meaningful differences to patients.
You are an office-based medical affair professional with excellent scientific understanding and knowledge in respiratory disease and biological treatment.
You are a scientific leader and will be responsible for our respiratory portfolio. Depending on your profile it will be either our respiratory- inhaled or our biologic portfolio. The responsibilities of the role cover all Nordic-Baltic markets.
Your responsibilities include:
- Outlining the Nordic-Baltic medical strategy and Medical Activity Plan for the respiratory portfolio within your specialty area
- Implementing and giving guidance on AstraZeneca research strategy to the Medical Advisor team in close collaboration with Medical Team Lead
- are the consultation point for trials or medical activities run by global medical teams.
- a member of the Nordic cross-functional team accountable for evidence generation and value propositions.
- demonstrate collaborative cross-functional working relationships with internal stakeholders.
- report into the Medical Affairs Department to the Medical Affairs Director Respiratory, Inflammatory and Autoimmune disease, Nordic-Baltic marketing company.
- Act as a resource to team members and peers as they continually build their own individual scientific knowledge
- Act as scientific expert in the cross-functional team for treatment of respiratory disease in your specialty area
- Develop science stories and medical material to be used in the field by Medical Advisors most commonly adapted from global material
- Engage in in-depth medical and scientific product or disease area discussions and presentations in a non-promotional scientific context with our key external experts
- Plan and execute Nordic-Baltic medical activities (internal and external) in line with business needs and according to medical activity plans
- Engage with regional and global medical colleagues in AstraZeneca and may represent Nordic-Baltics in a global medical product team
- Support internal medical/scientific knowledge, education and comprehension of relevant clinical data
- Support the scientific programs that explore unmet medical needs in respiratory disease
- Increase understanding of respiratory disease and clinical practice through Nordic-Baltic insight gathering
- Medical Doctor
- Advanced scientific degree in life sciences or a related discipline
- Excellent knowledge of clinical practice within respiratory disease biologics or inhaled
- Experience in product launch and strategy development and execution
- Experience of working in a cross-functional team
- Demonstrated expertise in discussing scientific content and context to a variety of audiences
- Excellent strategic thinker
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent knowledge in English language and fluent in at least one of the Nordic languages
- Excellent understanding of the pharmaceutical industry, health care systems and payer structures in the Nordic countries with at least 3 years of experience from medical affairs
- Strong leadership and management capabilities
- Ability to travel
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
How to apply
Welcome to apply and contact either one of us for more information. We look forward to receive your application/CV.