As part of AstraZeneca, the Nordic Marketing Company (Nordic) employs around 400 people across 5 countries with offices located in Södertälje, Copenhagen, Helsinki and Oslo. By 2025 AstraZeneca Nordic aims to become a recognized leader in its core therapy areas and improve the lives of millions of people. This will be achieved by driving innovative science, preparing launches, building close collaborations and partnerships with stakeholders in health care systems, and developing high-performing teams.
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines and strive to continuously meet the unmet needs of patients worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together, to make the impossible a reality!
AstraZeneca (AZ) is a global biopharmaceutical business delivering medicines to patients through creative science and excellence in development and commercialization. In AZ IT, we are helping to push the boundaries of science to deliver life changing medicines by continuously improving our IT environment and by working closely with the business to innovate for competitive advantage.
Why work for AstraZeneca IT Early Science
If you are passionate about making a difference, and want to thrive in our culture of excellence, engagement and development – and make a positive difference to patient outcomes, this is the place for you. Our people are down to earth, ambitious, and not afraid to be creative. AstraZeneca has a truly international and innovative atmosphere and is seeking their next senior IT member!
Our Science and Enabling Units IT vision is to deliver the best science IT capabilities in biopharma, which we define as agile, responsive and fit-for-future. Our goal is to engage with our stakeholders as a strategic partner. The desired effect of your role is to take accountability as a leader for delivering a ‘Best in class’ IT experience for the business.
About this Role
The Senior IT Business Manager you will develop strategic relationships within the Innovative Medicines and Early Clinical Development (IMED) organization identifying ways for IT to partner with them in achieving and exceeding business objectives. You will drive the delivery of innovative business solutions to create maximum ambitious advantage. This role requires a hybrid set of technical-, science domain- and leadership skills. You are expected to perform as a leader-doer with the ability to inspire and motivate an agile team with varied strengths of science and IT cross-functional professionals in a complex matrix organization. This role is a mix of leading a team and establishing a relationship of trust with our partners, anchored by strong technical expertise, a willingness to learn and progress together with science.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Building strong strategic relationships with complex customer groups and senior partners, developing a deep understanding of the short-term and long-term business direction.
- Leading a portfolio of IT investments, prioritized to align with emerging business strategy
- Facilitating accurate IT demand forecasting, planning, and delivery collaboratively with other supporting IT team roles
- Leading high-level investigations on requirements specifications and feasibility studies, developing a range of options aligned to business and IT strategy
- Leading business impact assessments, identifying risks and issues that may affect current and future business units and roles, and create business readiness plan
- Presenting and gaining buy-in from senior leaders for IT initiatives, leveraging domain knowledge to gain credibility, trust, and commitment
- Works collaboratively with: other Senior Engagement leaders to create alignment and identify cross-functional collaboration and/or innovation opportunities, Business analysts to define detailed requirements, conduct business analysis, and build business cases, Service Management teams to ensure the IT services plans are established for the customer group, actively monitored, and effectively led in line with established service levels.
The successful candidate should have experience or knowledge of the bio-pharma industry as well as a proven ability to interpret and communicate technical and scientific information. You should also have valuable experience of building high value business cases & mobilizing high value investments in science and R&D. We are looking for a senior profile with extensive experience and strong engagement.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country where the role is advertised.
How to apply
Welcome to apply and contact either one of us for more information. We look forward to receive your application/CV before June 14.