Head of Sales Sweden
This position is filled. To find out what positions you can apply for please see Aktuella tjänster/Open positions
Are you a highly talented leader, who can support Boehringer Ingelheim (BI) Sweden to make key decisions? As Head of Sales you will directly support and influence strategic decisions made at the highest level of BI organization.
You will be responsible for building and maintaining a high performance sales organization to effectively achieve business success and strategy implementation. You have a clear passion for people growth and you know how to engage and align all team members to achieve individual goals, function and optimal company performance
You will play a key part by creating valuable customer insights and implementing entrepreneurial and effective sales strategies. Besides, you will lead (nationwide) the sales organization team to create a dynamic and efficient work environment as well as provide leadership through effective communication of vision. Externally, we count on you to represent the Human Pharma (HP) sales organizations in all relevant forums across the country (or in other countries), that will help you to develop and maintain professional relationships with external experts.
Place of work is Boehringer Ingelheim’s Swedish office in Stockholm and you will report directly to the General Manager / Human Pharma Lead in Sweden.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive the preferred partner mindset through the cross functional organisation;
- Upskill the sales team to ensure the optimal use of digital tools to become more multichannel;
- Drive sales and market share target achievements by maximizing the number of appropriate patients that receive Boehringer Ingelheim products;
- Review and analyse country performance and create appropriate strategies/plans to maximize available opportunities;
- Review and controls the sales organization costs and promotional investments against budget and implements corrective measures if necessary;
- Ensure optimal processes:
- Define, allocates and approves sales targets for District and Sales representatives;
- Cooperates cross functionally giving feedback from the field and proposing new activities;
- Monitor the implementation and follow up of customer engagement plans, using all available channels to become more multichannel;
- Actively look for business opportunities in win-win partnerships and other entrepreneurial projects;
- Comply with BI policy, procedures and rules, performing all company business in accordance with the local and EU policies.
- Masters or Bachelor’s Degree (e.g. MBA, MSc) in Pharmaceutics / Business Administration or other related field
- Solid understanding of the Swedish healthcare system and regulatory requirements and issues
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience in sales is required;
- Leadership: experience in recruiting and retaining a high performance sales team and a demonstrated ability to lead and manage a diverse sales team;
- Demonstrated ability to achieve sales plans and strong business analysis skills;
- Demonstrated ability to professionally develop and coach team members, especially digital skills, creating quality customer insights and an entrepreneurial mindset;
- Strategy development, project management, and change management skills;
- Excellent command of the Swedish and English languages.
About Boehringer Ingelheim
”At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company, we focus on long-term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth. Want to learn more? Visit www.boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
ROPU MIDI is a Regional Operating Unit consisting of 8 mid-sized European countries: Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Norway, Portugal, Sweden and The Netherlands. MIDI is a multicultural and diverse work environment. More than 1.800 employees are striving to work together to improve lives for patients and animals in our region.
We offer new and exciting development opportunities for ambitious people with potential for more. For more information about Boehringer Ingelheim please visit www.boehringer-ingelheim.com.”
How to apply
If this role sounds interesting to you, please contact us today with your cv and application:
Johan Walde, email@example.com, +46 761 87 06 12
Leif Olsson, firstname.lastname@example.org, +46 70 699 47 80