Nordic Medical Affairs Lead –Vaccines & Infectious Diseases AstraZeneca
Nordic Medical Affairs Lead –Vaccines & Infectious Diseases – Nordic Marketing Company
Are you an experienced professional in vaccines & infectious diseases? Then AstraZeneca might be of interest to you!
As part of AstraZeneca the Nordic Marketing Company (Nordic) employs around 400 people across 5 countries and has offices located in Södertälje, Copenhagen, Helsinki and Oslo. By 2025 AstraZeneca in Nordics aims to be a recognized leader in its core therapy areas and improve the lives of millions of people. This will be achieved by driving innovative science, preparing launches, building close collaboration and partnerships with stakeholders in health care systems, and developing high-performing teams.
AstraZeneca is committed to developing and implementing scientific advancement in the field of vaccines. We are therefore seeking an experienced Medical Affairs Lead with experience from vaccines. In this role you channel medical input into business strategic and operational planning. The position can be placed in any of our Nordic offices, with preference Södertälje, Sweden.
You will play a key role by establishing AstraZeneca in the vaccine field in the Nordics and assess the organisational and scientific needs to advance our commitment to vaccines. You are delivering clinical and customer focus insight as well as clinical governance into commercial / public health-related objectives. Based on strategic partnerships and your holistic understanding you develop and deliver progressive pre-launch and peri-launch medical plans and activities for new vaccines / immunology products to deliver TA/Brand objectives. Internally, you work with Sales, Marketing and Medical & Market Access Leadership Teams to share successes and identify/resolve issues
Patient-centricity is one of AstraZeneca´s core values and central in all of your customer and account shaping activities. This includes development and leverage of medical insight from internal and external customers into Medical, Brand and Account Plans as well as implementation of Advisory Boards and to co-ordinate the medical response to requests for scientific exchange of information.
As Medical Affairs Lead, you will be part of building an organisation for vaccines in the Nordics. Additional responsibilities include brand planning and lifecycle management, campaign development and local evidence generation.
This role reports to the VP Medical & Regulatory.
What you will do
- Deliver expert and customer insight into key Brand Life Cycle initiatives (MC3 etc)
- Create a matrix team environment that supports innovation, challenges the status quo and provides clear role accountability within the cross-functional Respiratory & Immunology Therapy Area Team
- Co-ordinate the development and execution of Medical Brand Plans, with identified and agreed KPIs, to support Brand objectives
- Interact with Global and Regional Medical to ensure market influence on Global Brand strategy, where applicable
- Lead the development of study proposals for Local & Global studies, in line with the developing Value Story.
- Drive intelligent compliance through adherence to the relevant regulations / codes of practice
In order to succeed, you have
We are looking for an registered Physician or Pharmacist or PhD in a relevant field. A strong track record of leadership across the medio-market interface and minimum of 2 years prior experience in a Medical Affairs role in vaccines / infectious diseases or immunology are required for this role.
- Strategic and analytical capabilities
- Evidence of effective team working and accountability
- Proven ability to interact with external costumers
- Patient and customer insight through experience in a health care setting is a strong advantage
- Experience of the pharmaceutical industry
- Excellent knowledge in English language
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial – finding those moments and recognising their potential.
Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it’s yours.
Welcome with your application, in English, no later than Oct 9, 2020
Ann-Katrin Broman, firstname.lastname@example.org, m: +46 (0)70 755 50 94
Torbjörn Ströberg, email@example.com, m: +46 (0)70 377 87 74
Leif Olsson, firstname.lastname@example.org, m: +46 (0)70 699 46 80