Regional Access Manager Syd, AstraZeneca
This position is filled. To find out what positions you can apply for please see Aktuella tjänster/Open positions
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines and strive to continuously meet the unmet needs of patients worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
As part of AstraZeneca the Nordic Marketing Company (Nordic) employs around 400 people across 5 countries and has offices located in Södertälje, Copenhagen, Helsinki and Oslo. By 2025 AstraZeneca Nordic aims to become a recognized leader in its core therapy areas and improve the lives of millions of people. This will be achieved by driving innovative science, preparing launches, building close collaboration and partnerships with stakeholders in health care systems, and developing high-performing teams.
We are looking for a Regional Access Manager to join our Governmental & Market Access (GAMA) team in Sweden.
As Regional Access Manager – Syd, you will be a key member of the Swedish GAMA team reporting to the GAMA Head, you will be responsible for implementing regional access plans to secure regional access for AZ existing and future specialty care medicines and ensuring that these therapy areas are prioritized therapy areas within the region. You will be responsible for developing strategies and plans to deliver regional recommendations, local policy shaping and projects, for inclusion in regional knowledge management processes (kunskapsstyrning) and for the customers regional structures responsible for implementing these guidelines/lists.
You will also be responsible for ensuring awareness and understanding of external environmental trends and translating their impact to the healthcare ecosystem. You will also be required to continuously map and gather knowledge of budget holders, budget holder strategy and future habits to inform relevant teams within AstraZeneca and to inform local strategic plans.
In this role, you will interact with the different regional stakeholders and will require a high level of knowledge of the structure to ensure and raise the medical need for investing in new innovative drugs.
- Robust stakeholder mapping and planning and strategic coordination with cross function partners to ensure strong implementation of stakeholder plans
- Responsible for achieving the best possible outcome in regional DFC-lists/recommendations
- Develop innovative new solutions to ensure patient access to medicines and continued local investments in innovative medicines.
- Broad knowledge of Brands and TA’s across the portfolio
- Strong knowledge of local payer and political landscape and able to use local insights to map networks of regional stakeholders/influencers/budget holders
- Responsible for the development and execution of the regional market access strategy
- Responsible for ensuring development of regional market access account plans and successful execution of plans
- In collaboration with GA and MA partners, shape the regional Health Care Agenda and ensure TAs are prioritized therapy areas in the region
- Generate regional competitive intelligence ranging from pricing and budget holder strategies to local healthcare trends
- Build trust by strengthening AZ brand and reputation within the region
- Assure tasks are of correct quality and in accordance with written procedures and current legal requirements and internal standards
- Working with GAMA partners, develop and implement local policy shaping activities.
In order to succeed in this role, you have
- Prior regional or national market access experience
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Proven strategic and execution skills
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Innovative thinker with entrepreneurial capabilities
- Excellent knowledge in English and local language
- Cardiovascular, Renal, Metabolic, Respiratory and Immunology, Oncology area experience
- Prior health economics, government affairs, sales or marketing experience in Pharmaceutical industry
- Strong business understanding of the Pharma industry
- Understanding of Health Economics
- Prior government affairs and/or policy shaping experience
Overall Functional capabilities
Understand the needs of external decision makers, deliver solutions to payers and actionable Insight
Why AstraZeneca? Our offer to you
When we at AstraZeneca see the chance to change, we take this opportunity – for every opportunity, no matter how small, can be the beginning of something big. Delivering medicine that changes people’s lives is about having an entrepreneurial spirit – finding moments and understanding its potential.
We are looking for you, who together with the team will make a difference for patients’ lives every day. We at AstraZeneca welcome your positive attitude and your desire to develop both yourself and the department. You will get use for your drive and your ability to work carefully and structured even at a high tempo.
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? We have one seat available, and we hope it’s yours.
To apply please contact Leif Olsson, firstname.lastname@example.org, m: 070 699 47 80 or Johan Walde, email@example.com, m: 076 187 06 12. Welcome!