Strategic Account Manager (SAM) Respiratory Biologics AstraZeneca Sweden
Do you have outstanding expertise to impact the Respiratory Biologics therapeutic area and want to work in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the company for you!
Respiratory biologics is a key focus area for AstraZeneca with exciting career opportunities. To achieve our ambition, we are currently recruiting a Strategic Account Manager for the Respiratory & Immunology Franchise located in Stockholm or Gothenburg.
What you will do
As a Strategic Account Manager (SAM) for severe asthma treatments, you are part of the Swedish Respiratory Team. You will play an important role in the contribution to develop AstraZeneca brand/franchise strategy by relevant understanding of key stakeholder needs & perceptions and by seek and share stakeholder insights.
As a SAM, you will develop and implement account plans together with a cross-functional team aligned with the National brand plan. You will also pro-actively identify business opportunities, presenting value propositions aligned to stakeholder needs and objectives and recommending solutions to drive and develop business.
This field-based customer-facing role includes responsibility for sales and marketing, in the asthma ecosystem e.g. health care professional groups and specialist and patient organizations. It is therefore important that you can build long-term external relationships, partnerships and networks. You will be accountable on both a regional and national level to secure sales and driving business in collaboration with the cross-functional team. The role is 80% field based and 20% office based.
- Academic degree or equivalent, commercial or healthcare background
- Extensive relevant experience in successful pharmaceutical sale from a specialist area, minimum 3-4 years. Experience from biological treatments is also required.
- Experience from severe asthma is desirable
- Leadership skills – ability to coordinate, align and engage cross-functional team to drive activities and address needs of individual accounts
- Commercial innovation – ability and track-record of developing, shaping and executing impactful, customer/stakeholder focused activities to achieve long-term business goals
- Proven track record of strategic thinking, judgment and negotiation skills
- Ability to build deep scientific and clinical content knowledge in a specialist area and knowledge of the dynamics and issues stakeholders face
- Drivers licence required
You must have excellent communication and presentation skills, fluent in both written and spoken Swedish as well as English. You are patient focused, able to see issues through the lens of a patient as well as the patient journey and relevant treatment options.
Your proven ability to understand, assimilate, and communicate scientific information and Health Economic Outcome data will be as important for the role as will your good understanding of the ethical code and compliance requirements, culminating in a certification.
You express professionalism in customer interactions and focus on customer needs and satisfaction as well as have proven project management skills.
Why AstraZeneca – our offer to you
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines and strive to continuously meet the unmet needs of patients worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality.
If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be.
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant!
To apply please contact Leif Olsson, +46 70 699 47 80, email@example.com or Torbjörn Ströberg, +46 70 377 87 74, Torbjörn.firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hear from you no later than July 10.