Franchise Lead Anifrolumab AstraZeneca
Do you have outstanding experience in the Rheumatology therapeutic area and want to work for a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the company for you!
As part of AstraZeneca, the Nordic Marketing Company (Nordic) employs around 400 people across 5 countries with offices located in Södertälje, Copenhagen, Helsinki and Oslo. By 2025 AstraZeneca Nordic aims to become a recognized leader in its core therapy areas and improve the lives of millions of people. This will be achieved by driving innovative science, preparing launches, building close collaborations and partnerships with stakeholders in health care systems, and developing high-performing teams.
The Anifrolumab Franchise Lead is a key commercial business leader responsible for launching, leading, shaping and delivering the successful launch of the anifrolumab Franchise and delivering the P&L for the franchise. This position will be responsible for developing the strategic launch plan for the early detection, diagnosis and optimal treatment of patients with Lupus in the Nordics. Additionally, this individual will lead the cross-functional team to deliver a successful launch of anifrolumab.
Initially, this role will not have any direct reports, but as this portfolio expands, this role is anticipated to have direct reports.
This role reports to the VP, BBU (Biopharmaceutical Business Unit) Sweden and is located in the Södertälje office.
- Develop the brand forecast and manage the budget to deliver the franchise P&L. Monitor business results against stated objectives (KPIs) and initiate corrective actions, as necessary.
- Adjust/localize the Global strategy and develop localized Brand plans including launch plan development & management of launch plan/performance reviews
- Leading the development and implementation of the brand strategy while also assessing and preparing for launches of new indications.
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative information to generate a deeper understanding of customer needs, brand and disease issues and market potential.
- Develop and effectively communicate core brand vision, strategic objectives, positioning, branding, and marketing messages through an omni-channel marketing mix.
- Develops relevant communication & campaign material, manages external agencies and ensures sign-off of Nordic master material, including digital content.
- Assures tasks are of correct quality and in accordance with written procedures and current legal requirements and internal standards
- Lead the cross-functional launch team to ensure robust strategic development, planning and execution across the Nordics.
- Managing, coaching and developing a team of Brand Managers and/or Key Account Managers.
- Possessing a thorough understanding of the healthcare environment and reimbursement issues related to Immunology.
- Working with GAMA partners, ensure policy shaping activites and market access to support growth of portfolio
- Work closely with Value Team members to develop innovative approaches to secure local reimbursement.
- Building strong relationships with KEEs and key stakeholders to identify customer needs and drive commercial development.
- Engages proactively above market with global/regional team and other markets to facilitate best practice learnings and ensure quality Nordic deliverables
At AstraZeneca, we’re driven by innovation and our commitment to make a real-life difference in patients’ lives. That difference starts with you! We are looking for you who holds an academic degree or equivalent, e.g. in Marketing or life sciences. The position demands strong knowledge in Biologics; Immunology therapeutic area with mandatory prior experience in Rheumatology or Lupus
- A minimum of 10 years sales and marketing combined experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry including minimum 5+ years brand management experience, preferably in Nordics
- Minimum of 3 years management experience
- Prior experience in first-to-market product marketing
- Forward thinker, strong leadership skills, results oriented, organized self-starter able to manage multiple priorities
- Outstanding track record of strong communication, presentation, analytic and strategic capabilities
- Excellent people and communication skills, ability to operate in a cross-cultural and complex matrix environment, and ability to build sustainable social relationships within the organization and with customers
- Proven strong influencing skills and stakeholder management
- Experience and effectiveness in the presentation of written and verbal business cases to the Senior Management
- Demonstrates structured and measured leadership, interactions and decision-making during periods of high intensity in external or internal deliberations.
- A flexible, team orientated attitude, willing to contribute own skills to deliver AstraZeneca priority projects
- Solid understand of payer landscape and reimbursement processes, particularly in Sweden
- Excellent knowledge in English language
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines and strive to continuously meet the unmet needs of patients worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together, to make the impossible a reality!
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant!
Apply to us:
Leif Olsson, firstname.lastname@example.org, m: +46 (0)70 699 47 80 or Johan Walde, email@example.com, m: +46 (0)76 187 06 12.
We look forward to your application no later than December 4.