Ipsen is a global specialty-driven pharmaceutical company and also has a significant presence in consumer healthcare. Ipsen sells more than 20 drugs in over 110 countries, with a direct commercial presence in 30 countries worldwide and 8 manufacturing facilities and 4 global R&D hubs in Paris-Saclay, France, Oxford, UK, Cambridge, USA and Shanghai, China . The Group has more than 5,700 employees worldwide with a world wide group sales of €2,6 Billion Ipsen strive for high ethical standards and to be a valued corporate citizen. In this work the organization has set up the ambition to be climate neutral by 2030.Our areas of expertise include oncology, neurosciences and rare diseases. In the Nordic and Baltic countries, we are represented since 2006 with a Nordic office in Kista Science Tower outside Stockholm. Today we are 85 employees in the Nordic and Baltic region who work with clinical research, marketing and sales of our products. We work mainly in the therapeutic areas of oncology, rare diseases and neuromuscular diseases.
In partnership with H&P Search & Interim, Ipsen is now recruiting a Rare Disease Specialist. Do you want to become a part of Ipsen’s exciting journey within Rare Diseases? This is a new therapeutic area for the company and you will be the first person on board, preparing for a very important and unique product launch in the Nordics, the very first possible treatment for this ultra-rare disease. You will act like a spider in the net and one of the most essential tasks will be to make awareness and ensure access to the treatment for this limited group of patients. Do you have experience from a similar role and is looking for new challenges and a company where new future possibilities can arise?
Main purpose of the job
Rare diseases are becoming a key focus area for Ipsen. As Rare Disease Manager (RDM) you will play an important role in the contribution to develop Ipsen brand/franchise strategy by relevant understanding of key stakeholder needs & perceptions and by seek and share stakeholder insights.
As RDM, you will develop and implement plans together with a cross-functional team aligned with the Global brand plan. You will also pro-actively identify business opportunities, presenting value propositions aligned to stakeholder needs and objectives and recommending solutions to drive and develop business.
This is a partly field-based customer-facing role and includes responsibility for sales and marketing in the rare disease eco-system e g health care professional groups and specialist and patient organizations. It is therefore important that you can build long-term external relationships, partnerships and networks. You will be accountable on a Nordic level to secure sales and driving business in collaboration with the cross-functional team.
You will report to the Business Unit Manager.
- Develop disease management strategies in conjunction with relevant internal stakeholders
- Collaborate with Global/European team to develop and execute the affiliate-based strategic plans in alignment with international strategy and therapy area objectives.
- Collaborate with Nordic Patient organizations with the aim of building strong patient support
- Communicate balanced, substantiated, and relevant scientific information for internal and external stakeholders. Respond professionally to clinical information and data request in relation to disease or treatment specific questions.
- Ensure appropriate response to scientific requests by HCP’s by providing accurate scientific data in compliance with Company Policies, and country specific legal and ethical requirements.
- Develop proactive long-term engagement with key opinion leaders and external experts in order to improve Ipsen’s understanding of the external environment and the safe and effective options for disease treatment and management.
- Develop KOL engagement plans and associated patient value insights and outcomes.
- Actively develop agendas for, and participate in, advisory board meetings.
- Facilitate expert lectures with external expert speakers with national, regional, or global recognition.
- Attend national, regional, and international scientific meetings, congresses, and symposia to update therapeutic area knowledge and understand and interact with the expert environment.
- Maintain clinical, scientific, and technical expertise in relevant product and disease area.
- Adherence to all company and regulatory compliance policies in word and in spirit.
- Communicate effectively to the appropriate personnel any properly acquired intelligence, horizon scanning information, scientific and any other relevant clinical information.
- Develop marketing materials for use in presentations to and/or by healthcare professionals and patients.
Education: Academic degree or equivalent, within Business or Life Science.
- Minimum 3-4 years relevant experience from successful pharmaceutical sales and marketing from a rare disease area.
- Successful cross-functional leadership experience e g with market/patient access and medical colleagues
- Nordic market understanding
- Understanding and experience of market access and reimbursement processes
- Strong influencing and communications skills, both internally and externally
- Professional level of both written and spoken Swedish and English
- Business development expertise – finds new ways of developing the roadmap to success under changing market conditions
- A combination of visionary thinking, strategic skills and an ability to effectively execute what has been decided i e makes things happen and in the agreed direction
- An ability to build deep scientific and clinical content knowledge in a rare disease area to be able to function as first point of contact for patients as well as customers.
Finally, you express professionalism in customer interactions and focus on customer needs and satisfaction as well as have proven project management skills.
The role is 50% field based and 50% office based. The office of Ipsen is located in Kista/Stockholm.
Regional and international travel including time away from home will be required. Drivers license is required.
Fast moving environment with possibility to have a great impact and influence.
We work with a can-do attitude in a friendly atmosphere and the company has been certified as Great Place To Work 2021.
Does this sound interesting? Is it you we might be looking for? Welcome to contact:
Nina Fredriksson, email@example.com, +46 732 43 87 02
Johan Walde, firstname.lastname@example.org, +46 761 87 06 12
Leif Olsson, email@example.com, +46 706 99 47 80