BioArctic AB (publ) is a Swedish research-based biopharma company focusing on disease-modifying treatments for neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and ALS. BioArctic focuses on innovative treatments in areas with high unmet medical needs. The company was founded in 2003 based on innovative research from Uppsala University, Sweden. Collaborations with universities are of great importance to the company together with its strategically important global partner Eisai in Alzheimer’s disease. The project portfolio is a combination of fully funded projects run in partnership with global pharmaceutical companies and innovative in-house projects with significant market and out-licensing potential. Learn more on www.bioarctic.se
Are you attracted by the opportunity to be part of BioArctic’s exciting journey with the ambition to improve the quality of life for patients with diseases affecting the central nervous system?
Do you want to have the chance to launch a new drug in Alzheimer’s disease?
Do you want to be part of building a Nordic commercial organization for a Swedish biopharma company?
BioArctic is now looking for
Senior Manager, Market Access & Public Affairs, Denmark and Norway
The ‘Senior Manager, Market Access & Public Affairs’ has an overall strategic and operational responsibility for BioArctic’s MA & PA related activities in Denmark and Norway.
- Build and develop BioArctic’s reputation and interests among key external stakeholders, especially related to Alzheimer’s disease.
- Implement a price and reimbursement strategy for the candidate drug in Denmark and Norway in accordance with global strategy.
- Implement a Public Affairs plan (in collaboration with relevant functions such as e.g., Communications) and carry out planned activities aimed at politicians, national and regional payers, opinion leaders, patient associations, etc.
- Collaborate externally with relevant stakeholders to ensure national and regional access
- Manage the price and reimbursement process, making sure that the price and reimbursement application is of high quality and submitted to relevant authorities.
- Work closely with Marketing and Medical Affairs to demonstrate the societal benefit of the candidate drug and to integrate the payer perspective into product strategy and external communications.
- Manage relevant Market Access Advisory Boards (together with Medical Affairs) and review which RWD is needed for reimbursement and potential follow-up.
- Collaborate with external consultants in health economics and/or Public Affairs.
- Monitor external events and contribute with advice and recommendations to the organization to ensure a relevant level of knowledge and readiness for the company.
- Create good relationships within Market Access/Public Affairs with our partner Eisai and with other functions at BioArctic.
- Actively work according to BioArctic’s principles around value-based leadership and contribute to ONE BioArctic culture.
The ideal candidate has MSc or BSc education in Life Science or economics. It is important to have a deep understanding of the health care systems as well as recent reimbursement and Market Access processes in Denmark and Norway. You should also have experience of driving reimbursement processes in Norway and Denmark, preferably from different therapeutic areas, in a role within Market Access or Public Affairs, as well as knowledge and experience of Public Affairs’ work vis-à-vis external stakeholders in matters of price, reimbursement and Market Access.
Furthermore, experience of leading Market Access Advisory Boards in the Nordics and/or experience of working with Public Affairs oriented activities, for example in collaboration with politicians or patient associations in Denmark and Norway is needed. Knowledge of Real World Data (RWD) opportunities in the Nordics and experience of working with external consulting agencies is also preferrable. Clear communication in Danish or Norwegian as well as English, project management skills, operational work based on established goals are essential skills.
It is advantageous to have experience from Alzheimer’s or other Specialty Care/CNS products and/or working experience from Medicinrådet or similar agency.
As a person, you are proactive, curious and without prestige and at the same time professional, reliable and feel great responsibility for your own work. You are a team player who thinks it is important to share ideas and experiences with colleagues to develop the department and the company’s operations. You are a person who thrives in an entrepreneurial biotech environment and is comfortable with a certain degree of uncertainty.
You will act on both Danish and Norwegian markets and will report to HQ in Sweden. The position is home based and preferably located in Denmark.
How to apply
If this sounds interesting to you, we look forward to receiving your online application by uploading your CV and cover letter in English.
For more info please contact:
Catharina Bergold, Recruitment Consultant, firstname.lastname@example.org , +46 70 217 98 79
Johan Walde, Recruitment Consultant, email@example.com, +46 761 87 06 12
Torbjörn Ströberg, Recruitment Consultant, firstname.lastname@example.org, +46 703 778 774