BioArctic AB (publ) is a Swedish biopharma company with a focus on disease-modifying treatments for neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and ALS. The company was founded in 2003 based on innovative research at Uppsala University and collaborations with universities continue to be of great importance to the company, together with its strategically important global partner Eisai in Alzheimer’s disease. BioArctic’s main project has recently shown positive results in a global phase 3 study and the company is now growing within both the research and the commercial organization which has now started preparing for a possible first product launch. Learn more on www.bioarctic.se
Do you have expert knowledge within pharmacokinetics (PK) and pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics (PK/PD)?
Do you wish to work in a well-funded, research-oriented organisation with highly skilled colleagues?
If you also want to contribute to the development of therapies against neurodegenerative disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and ALS, then you might be the candidate BioArctic is looking for as:
BioArctic has a diverse and emerging portfolio with projects in several focus areas and in various phases from discovery through clinical development. BioArctic offers a highly innovative environment with skilled and dedicated colleagues. Through strategic collaborations where funding for the largest projects is secured this opportunity ensures a stable work situation and possibilities to expand your expertise.
BioArctic values respect, dedication, responsibility, and teamwork. For this position you need to have strong collaborative and communication skills as well as being able to plan, initiate and execute your own work. You have extensive skills to identify high-class science and establish new, innovative methods to push projects forward. The role as PK/PD Specialist is a permanent position where you report to the Director Pharmacology & Toxicology.
As PK/PD specialist you will contribute to projects in all phases of discovery and development. Your responsibilities and activities will include, but are not limited to:
- As a cross-functional project team member lead the project strategy related to PK and PK/PD for efficient progress of the preclinical projects.
- Actively contribute with technical and theoretical knowledge to design, plan, coordinate, analyse, and report results from preclinical in vivo PK and efficacy studies internally or through external collaborations/contract labs.
- Develop PK and PK/PD models, deliver human dose predictions, and define predicted human therapeutic dose and margins against safety findings.
- Support the clinical team with issues related to clinical pharmacology and/or modelling and simulation activities.
- Utilize internal and competitor/literature data for predictions and simulations supporting internal decision making.
- Proactively work with projects in all phases to handle project-specific and scientific issues, including contributing to strategies and stop/go decisions in the projects.
- Ensure that the projects are continuously updated with the latest scientific developments in the area, as well as contribute to high scientific competence at both project and company level.
- Identify external collaboration opportunities and, if necessary, manage such collaborations to deliver maximum value to BioArctic.
- PhD or corresponding qualifications within a relevant discipline
- Expert knowledge of pharmacokinetics
- Expert knowledge of PK/PD modelling
- Hands-on experience with software such as Phoenix WinNonlin, Nonmem, R or equivalent for NCAs and population PK and PK/PD analyses
- Experience from human dose predictions and defining predicted human therapeutic dose and margins against safety findings
- Experience from designing, planning, analysing, and interpreting in vivo PK studies
- More than 5 years of experience and knowledge from drug discovery and development
- Fluent written and spoken English
Merit is knowledge of neurodegenerative diseases and blood-brain barrier transport of drug molecules and of experience from working with biopharmaceuticals and with PBPK and/or Quantitative Systems Pharmacology, as well as experience with regulatory documentation related to PK and PK/PD including IND, IMPD and IB authoring. Additional merit is previous experience from coordinating in vivo studies at external partners/CROs.
As a person, you are systematic and analytical and come up with sound and rational judgements. You are proactive, you take initiatives and take great responsibility for your own work. You are a team player who think it is important to share ideas and experiences with colleagues and you have strong communication skills and you are fluent in both spoken and written English. You are a proactive person who thrives in an entrepreneurial biotech environment.
How to apply
If this sounds interesting to you, we look forward to receiving your online application by uploading your CV and cover letter in English. For more information please contact:
Catharina Bergold, email@example.com, +46 702 17 98 79
Karin Tomin, firstname.lastname@example.org, +46 726 01 36 19
Torbjörn Ströberg, email@example.com, +46 703 77 87 74
Welcome with your application! H&P Search & Interim AB