Do you want to transform the lives of patients by taking a vital role in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca have an exciting opportunity for you!
As part of AstraZeneca, the Nordic Marketing Company (Nordic) employs around 400 people across 5 countries and has offices located in Stockholm, Copenhagen, Helsinki and Oslo. By 2025 AstraZeneca Nordic aims to become a recognized leader in its core therapy areas and improve the lives of millions of people. This will be achieved by driving innovative science, preparing launches, building close teamwork and partnerships within health care systems, and developing hard-working teams
We are looking for a Medical Advisor within respiratory with particular focus on COPD to join our team. This role is field-based in Sweden.
The team is passionate about having a comprehensive medical agenda, driving innovation in collaboration with the external stakeholders in Sweden. The Swedish medical affairs team is diverse both in terms of competencies and experience, and share their expertise generously for the benefit of all team members. Do you want to be a part of a team where innovation and new insights are always encouraged? With an exciting pipeline, we can create positive changes in the daily life of our patients.
As field-based Medical Advisor, you are responsible for implementing medical activity plans for AstraZeneca’s marketed products and for compounds in development. You translate scientific knowledge into strategies and tactics that support business success and demonstrate valuable insights from external environment to enhance decision making.
A core element in this role is to develop long-term professional relationships and gain insights from Health Care Professionals (HCPs) and decision makers. Drive proactive and reactive interactions through collecting and sharing medical and scientific knowledge across the portfolio while assuring that quality are in accordance with written procedures, current legal requirements, and internal standards.
Another core element in this role is your in-depth medical and scientific product and disease area discussions, and presentations in a non-promotional scientific context. Here, you act as scientific expert in your priority disease area. By truly being collaborative, and we want to drive success in the both external and internal relationships you’ll have. Most often, the responsibilities are within Sweden, but Nordic tasks may be within your responsibilities as well.
The Medical Advisor reports into the Medical Affairs Department (Therapeutic Area Lead, Sweden). Medical Advisors must not have commercial objectives or measures.
What you will do:
- Conduct medical/scientific exchange activities to increase comprehension of relevant clinical data
- Increase understanding of therapeutic areas and clinical practice to impact strategy
- Develop, enhance and maintain engagement with external partners
- Support the scientific programs that explore unmet medical needs in priority disease areas and collaborate with both internal and external partners to improve clinical practice
In order to succeed, you have
- Advanced scientific degree, preferably Master’s Degree, in life sciences or a related area
- A pro-active approach with respect to engaging national external partners (e.g. HCPs)
- Demonstrated expertise in discussing scientific content and context to a variety of audiences
- Excellent understanding of the pharmaceutical industry, health care systems and payer structures in the Nordic countries
- Ability to travel
- Driver’s license required
We believe that you are a dedicated medical-affairs professional with solid scientific and therapeutic-area (TA) competence and understanding. Additionally, you need to have excellent communication and presentations skills, proficient in both written and spoken English and Swedish.
We are looking for a person with experience from working on cross-functional teams and expresses professionalism in customer interactions. Further, this role requires established project management abilities to ensure customer satisfaction.
Your proven expertise in discussing scientific content and context to a variety of audiences will be as important for the role as will your excellent understanding of the pharmaceutical industry, health care systems and payer structures in the Nordic countries.
- 2+ years of experience from medical affairs
- Clinical and/or research experience within the relevant therapeutic area
- Strong leadership and management capabilities
How to apply
If you have further questions on the position, please contact:
Leif Olsson email@example.com Mobile +46 706 99 47 80
Teresia Lönn firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile: +46 702 55 82 42
Catharina Bergold email@example.com Mobile +46 702 17 98 79
Welcome to apply as soon as possible, as we read applications and invite for interviews on an ongoing basis.